9.05.2010

the 80s = pure bliss

I have to preface this by saying even though I have done a lot in my life, at the same time I haven't. There are a lot of "firsts" that I am still working on. I just barely watched Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
and Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
Apparently I hadn't been living before seeing them. I also barely watched Top Gun this year too.
I've also been listening to 80s music for about the last 3 weeks and I don't see any end in sight. I love it! It all started when my roommate, Lindsay, played a song one Saturday morning to be heard throughout the house. Fading like a Flower by Roxette. I put Roxette into Pandora (the Internet radio station) and it's been pure bliss ever since. I can't get enough of it. Bands like Roxette, Journey, Heart, Steve Winwood, A-Ha, Genesis, Cheap Trick, The Cure, Boston, etc. I'm sure you're well familiar with them. I was too young in the 80s to fully appreciate the culture. Good thing I'm catching up now!

5 comments:

Elise said...

Your roots are coming out...you are a child of the 80's!!

Maranda said...

I'm so glad you saw those movies!! They're AWESOME! There are a couple other 80's classics but you have to find them edited to watch them. If you're looking for more though, I've picked several 80's classics to show Ryan and he loved them. Blockbuster online was great for that, you can find anything! Except the edited ones.

Kristina said...

What other ones do you suggest?

LinnieBell said...

Roxette! Love it! The roxette station on pandora is amazing!!

Sef said...

For an 80's action fix I highly recommend The Last Starfighter and Red Dawn.