8.27.2008

Sleepless in Seattle

So it was a packed day in Seattle. We stayed at my Uncle Dennis’s house in Seattle, whom I hadn’t seen since I was a little girl. He’s got to be the funniest guy ever! So in Seattle we had a fish & chips picnic down by the locks. They entertained us for quite a while, especially seeing a sea lion get stuck in one. We also watched the salmon ladder.

Later we drove down to the houseboats since I wanted to see them and we saw the famous Sleepless in Seattle house. It’s on the market for a few million….anyone interested? We met a guy that had been living on his boat for quite some years who showed us around.

We then drove to a spot for a fantastic view of the Space Needle, then finished off the day at the famous fish market. The guys there thought they were pretty funny by wiping their fish hands all over us. Blah! Back at Dennis’s we had a delightful dinner of mussels and oysters! Oh wait….did I say delightful? I’m not a big fan. Especially not raw oysters…my cousin made me eat one....

No comments: