Wasn’t Conference so good?! Sad I missed yesterday, but I’ll just have to
catch up soon. I took a taxi to Coxen
Hole to the church building, walked in the door and was walking into the chapel
when one of the gringo missionaries said to me, “Oh, they’re showing it in
English in that room down the hall.” My
first thought – What?! I probably speak
Spanish way better than you! Ha, not
really. I was actually very grateful to
watch in English to make sure I didn’t miss anything important. I met a lovely family from Kentucky who are
here for a few weeks, the husband on business. Turns out we flew in on the same flight last Sunday. They invited me over for dinner, but I already had dinner plans (keep
reading to find out what, I know the suspense might kill you…). Then they asked if I would like to come to
the beach with them some time.
Definitely! Then I met another
lovely Hondureño family. She was
probably just a few years older than me, but said she wanted to get to know me
and be friends. Can’t wait! I love going to church abroad. It feels like I’m at home, every time. So glad I ran into the missionaries
yesterday.
Because Coxen Hole is a little ways from Sandy Bay
(where we live), I just stayed at the church during the 2 hour break, bumming
the internet and catching up on emails.
I was really hoping to post more photos to Instagram, but access was
blocked. Darn, you’ll just have to wait
on photos for now.
This evening J and I went to another potluck with
all the volunteers at the clinic at the lovely beach house that I wish we were
staying in. I was starving and somehow
the combination of food just didn’t do it for me tonight. I’m craving some more fresh coconut
fish. I could eat that every day and be
completely happy. Fighting a new onset
sore throat tonight so I guess I should down the 5 liter jug of water we just
stocked up on at the grocery store. Somehow,
I don’t think J would appreciate that. Also,
I’m jealous J still has half of her Snickers bar to enjoy later tonight… Eat it
when she’s not looking?
2 comments:
Just checking in here after J's invite to read. You're a great writer and certainly describing your experiences in fine form. J takes her wc dumps in stride; we've all dumped her at least once and lived despite the horror of it! Thank you for sharing your adventures with the home folks. We pray for you daily and trust you will touch many lives with your skills and compassion. Return to us with a broadened view of medical care. Enjoy the mangoes for us cooler clime types! $2.50 each at Winco! Pouring rain here and no bugs; just slugs.
J's mom, Kathy
I just played a little catch-up with your blog after missing a few days. You make it sound like so much fun! Can't wait to read more!
Post a Comment