While in Utah I got to eat at all my favorite places, do all my favorite things and see all my favorite people. It’s always great
catching up with friends over a delectable lunch. Not to mention, I got
to see my niece practically every day and see her actually grow and learn new
things. I also went to a couple of my girls’ basketball games at Maeser. I miss coaching them, but it’s amazing to see
their progress over the last 2 years since I’ve been gone. And yes, I
take full credit for their amazing talent now :)
12.27.2012
Rotation #5 Graduate Project
Originally, the plan was to spend the whole 6 weeks back in Portland since I had just spent the last 3 months close to home in
Arizona. I had gotten my
fill and was ready to get
back to friends and a social life. Well, after
the first 2 weeks in
Portland I went to Utah to spend Thanksgiving with family (see previous posts) and kind of
just ended up
staying for 3 extra weeks. Why, you
ask? Well, I could work on
my graduate project from any
location, I
could be close to my
sister and her family (my adorable little niece!),
hang out w/ UT friends, and enjoy a more moderate
climate without rain. Ok, ok, a boy may or may not have had anything to do with it… Let’s just say I met someone
while I was there and decided I wanted to
spend more time with him :)
As for the graduate project, it was a systematic review I wrote taking several
different studies over the last few years to answer a clinical question I came
up with: In patients with a
patent foramen ovale (PFO) and migraine headache refractory to medical
treatment, does percutaneous closure of the PFO reduce the frequency, duration,
and intensity of migraine headaches? Basically… In patients with a
heart defect causing blood to bypass the lungs and thus cause migraine
headaches, does fixing the heart defect decrease migraine headaches? It’s
an interesting topic that I enjoyed researching, analyzing and
writing about, but I am also extremely glad that I
finished it and can now focus again on seeing and treating patients. Five rotations down and only five more to
go before I graduate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment