2.05.2012

Private Concert with Ingrid Michaelson

So I'm sitting in class Wednesday, on my birthday, listening to a lecture on neoplasms of the nervous system when I get this gchat from my friend Anya (sitting in the row ahead of me):


"i have a birthday proposition for you.  what are you doing tomorrow around mmmm 3ish?"
So I say, "joining you for some fun?"  Little did I know what she was about to say next.......  She had won tickets on the radio that morning to meet and see Ingrid Michaelson in a private concert downtown.  She hadn't planned on inviting anyone in the class so no one would feel left out, but......thank goodness it was my birthday!  Hers is in a few weeks so what better way to celebrate our birthdays together??


The only thing was we had a test the next day.  And it wasn't going to be a cake walk, not Neurology.  Turns out it was the hardest test I have taken yet.  So you might ask.....did I go to the concert?  HECK YES!!  And.....did I regret going?  HECK NO!!  It was totally worth it.


Anya was on the 2nd row and I was on the 3rd.  SUCH GOOD SEATS.  And she is such an amazing singer.  It was a casual concert - she only performed about 5 songs and they asked her questions in between.  More like a "meet and greet" concert, which is fine with me!  She also performed a few songs off her new CD that just came out the end of January.  So good.


So afterwards we got to talk with her, take a picture with her, and get a signed poster.  BOOYAH!!  Best birthday EVER!
It won't let me upload the video I have of her singing "Maybe"......

2 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

So jealous! I love her music. Happy belated birthday! I'm glad it was a great one.

Elise said...

That's seriously sweet that you got to see her in person! What a great photo of the three of you, too!