12.31.2011

Thatcher, Arizona......

....one place where you can have one hick of a time!  Haha, thanks to my bro-in-law for coining that unforgettable phrase.  There's no place like home.  I love coming back to Thatcher to visit and all the memories it brings back.  I hadn't been back since last Christmas!  That's the longest it's ever been.....

We had a grand 'ol time.  Not to mention the weather was FAB...... sunny & fairly warm.  Our adventures included the following....
Delicious breadsticks at R&R Pizza, shredded beef tacos at Casa Manana, burros at La Casita
Drive through back country dirt roads.  Who knew there would still be cotton in December??
Frozen hot chocolates at DQ..... one of the few locations left that have them
Mom's famous tacos for Christmas Eve dinner
Christmas Day church
Trying out our new quillows (handmade by Mom) on Christmas morning



Hike to the top of one of the mesas
Beautiful view of Mt. Graham
Wouldn't be a trip to the Gila Valley w/out some excitement at Safford Bowl
And of course, stockpiling my supply of tortillas for the next few months

Drive up Mt. Graham

1 comment:

Em said...

I love all these photos, esp the one of Elise with her "bowling ball" and the last one of all of you with your mommy.

Puh-lease get me that taco recipe!!!! They look amazing!


...And I'm very sorry about your sweet dog, Hershey. that's such a sweet post you did. Dogs are the greatest.