The first half was exciting with two goals by the Timbers within a few minutes of each other. I sat here in the upper section with the whole two rows of my classmates.
Second half I moved to midfield on the 4th row......amazing view!
Good thing I moved closer too, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten my picture with the mascot! Another reason the Timbers are so cool is because of their mascot. Except he's not just any old mascot......he's Timber Joey, a lumberjack. He literally walks around the stadium with a ginormous chainsaw that's actually ON and it's REAL. Every time the Timbers score, he cuts off a chunk of a log, which is then awarded to the player who scored at the end of the game. Best mascot EVER. Unfortunately you can't see the ginormous chainsaw in the photo....
To build breast cancer awareness, the Timbers and Providence (local healthcare group similar to IHC) were trying to set the world record for the most fans wearing pink gloves in the "Pink Glove Dance." Yes, we sported them. Yes, we danced. Yes, that green man is my classmate Zach. No, he did not make it on tv. Yes, the fans around us loved it.
And here is Providence Medical Center in Portland with the "Pink Glove Dance" for your enjoyment. This is a MUST WATCH....you will get a kick out of it.
Who says the medical profession is all work and no play?





No comments:
Post a Comment