7.10.2011

The Craziness of School

I had a HUGE test this week. We spent two weeks on about 10 different subjects: cardiology, respiratory, renal, arterial pressure, acid-base, endocrinology, immunology, the autonomic nervous system, pharmacology for all the previous mentioned items (included knowing effects of alpha and beta blockers). It was a LOT of information for just 2 weeks. That monstrous exam should have been a semester final normally. Let's just say I didn't sleep much this last week. I started working in close collaboration with a certain Dr. Pepper.....maybe you're familiar with him. Drank a 2 L bottle in 3 days. Oh yeah!

Test day came and I really was not feeling comfortable with all the material. That's just how it's gonna have to be from here on out. Like I said it was a huge test, 86 questions in 90 minutes. Well 80 minutes rolled around and I started freaking out. I had saved a number of questions for the end to review that I had either left blank or wanted to review one more time. As I was working on them, the teacher announced 5 minutes left and then I literally started panicking. I still had way more questions left to answer/review than I had time for. And at that point I could not even think clearly enough to be rational since I was panicking about the time. That was the end. I knew it was over. I had failed. I didn't have adequate time to perform well. I was doomed......

We all had to sit around for an hour to wait for the tests to be scored. I logged in to check my score........I HAD PASSED!! Couldn't have done it without my group though. We take a group test after our individual test. We all rocked it together. Thankfully I didn't have to spend my whole weekend studying to retake the test again Monday morning.

Do you see how crazy this is though?? I signed up for it though, and love it. Yes, I know......

2 comments:

Maranda said...

That IS crazy!! Gotta say, listening to your stories, I don't miss school :) I miss learning stuff, but I don't miss school.

Em said...

You and your sisters are such smartypants!!!! (Or is that smartypantses? lol!)