5.23.2011

Portland Day 1 - 13 hr. drive turned 16 hr. drive

Granola or bust!! My sister, Elise, and I left early Saturday drive for the long drive to Portland. Yes, road trip! Except we didn't know how long it would really be....

I had rotated the tires on my car 2 days previous and thought everything was fine and dandy. Until the car started shaking uncontrollably. So much so that we stopped in Boise to get it looked at. Turns out my back tires (that were now on the front) had a huge groove in them. The rest of the tire had perfect treads except for that one spot. New tires here we come! I decided to wait where I can buy them tax free (here in Oregon) so they just rotated them back to how they were before. Pointless stop? After 2 hrs. I might be tempted to say yes, but at least I now know I need new tires, the shaking stopped, and they found a screw in my tire which they repaired. We were back on our way!

We passed a car with 2 bumper stickers: "Obama Sucks" and "Honk if you Love Arizona." Honk we did!! The dude waved enthusiastically at us as we passed him on the left. As for the first bumper sticker, I'll leave that one up to you...

Once we finally got to Portland after the forever long stretch of river driving along the Oregon/Washington border we hit some unexpected bumper to bumper traffic. We had to quickly find an alternate route using the GPS. After navigating though downtown for a while, we finally were on our way once more. Of course, it was Sunday the next day so we took a pit stop for some groceries.

After all was said and done, we got in about 1 am. The longest day of my life...... But adventure is waiting in store!

1 comment:

Elise said...

No joke, it was long! But fu-un!!! I'm glad you're liking it, and I'm glad I could come with you!